[Xerte] Just installed, a few problems?

Tenney Julian Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Dec 13 13:38:34 GMT 2007

Is the problem that you have a lot of existing ppt you want to deploy in
the flash player, or is the problem that you are looking for a tool
non-technical users can use to create content simply?

If it's the former, then a license for something like FlashSpring would
cost you much less than the cost of your time to make a converter -
you'd have to live with the resulting swfs, but you could be up and
running tomorrow. If it's the latter, then consider Xerte's templates -
think AW Knowledge Objects, but with a wizard that is much easier to
make. You could also make your own xml editor for creating and editing
the xml the templates consume if you wanted a fancy / custom one.

Are you concerened about the image output because of the file size /
bandwidth requirements?