[Xerte] Calling a function

xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Aug 21 22:37:23 BST 2007

I am trying to minimize the active window from a button.  Although
javascript will not minimize the window, there is a workaround.  The
following code moves the current window off screen.

<script language="javascript">
show=1
function minimize(){
  moveBy(2000,2000)
  show=0
}
function reshow(){
  if(show==0){
    moveBy(-2000,-2000)
    show=1
  }
}
</script>

I plan to add the code onfocus=reshow() to the body tag.  When the focus is
passed back to the window, the code in the body tag will return the screen
to it's original location.

I also need to add code so the button calls the function:  minimize().  I
need help here.  How can I call this function in Xerte?

Jim

James Bowman Associates
Customized Quality Management Services

701 Canterbury Drive