[Xerte] Authorware Equivalents

xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Aug 13 16:21:21 BST 2007

Sorry - that possibly sounded facetious. It wasn't meant to as there are
several ways to accomplish this, depending on the situation.

My first thought is to use an event response on an interaction that is
triggered either by a native flash event, or a event you broadcast
yourself using iconID.broadcast('myCustomEventName');

Interesting, because I've built dozens of learning objects using xerte
now, and have not needed the equivalent of a a wait. I do broadcast
custom events sometimes though, when I need to move on when something
has happened / loaded / finished. It's much more accurate to respond to
the event you are interested in, rather than just wait, say, 5 seconds.

There is the timer interaction response as well, which will function as
a wait if you really need to move on after a time period..

Imported swf files should fire an 'onMovieComplete' event you can listen
for to stop the movie, or you can add 'stop()' to the last frame
yourself. If you set the controls property to '1' on the graphic icon, I
think it is handled for you.