[Xerte-dev] Session ID not set

Fay Cross Fay.Cross at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 20 11:25:35 BST 2017

One of our users is unable to edit any of their projects as they always get a 'Session ID not set' message when they open the editor. Apparently when it stopped working in Chrome initially but now won't work on any device or browser they try. They have access to two accounts on our installation and they only have issues with one of these so it doesn't sound like it's a problem with anything their end.

This does come up from time to time with other users but as far as I know no one else has completely been unable to edit in any browser.

Any ideas? From a bit of debugging I can see that all the session data is definitely being lost but as they are logging in & trying to edit straight away it's not the normal timeout due to inactivity behaviour that you'd expect.

Thanks
Fay