[Xerte-dev] FW: OSI Webinar: Desktop Sharing & Collaboration

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Sep 23 14:26:16 BST 2015

We should definitely do one of these seminars, let’s talk on Friday,

Deborah Bryant
Richard Fontana
Leslie Hawthorn
Patrick Masson
Mike Milinkovich
Allison Randal
Simon Phipps
Bruno Souza
Paul R. Tagliamonte
Tony Wasserman
Stefano Zacchiroli

[http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/42/Opensource.svg/200px-Opensource.svg.png]

________________________________
855 El Camino Real, Ste 13A, #270 | Palo Alto | CA | 94301 | United States | opensource.org<https://opensource.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1141&qid=48826>

Dear OSI Community,

The OSI is excited to announce a new program to help raise awareness and adoption of the fantastic open source projects under development by our Affiliate Membership and Sponsors.

The "OSIdeas" monthly webinar series will showcase the various open source projects all of you are working with and working on. We hope hearing from your peers in the open source community will spark a few ideas to help your own projects grow and mature.

Our first webinar will be tomorrow, September 23rd, 2015:

Topic: BigBlueButton: Open Source Desktop Sharing and Collaboation
Location: http://osi.bigbluebutton.org/osi/<https://opensource.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1147&qid=48826> (login password: 'ideas')
Date: September 23rd, 2015
Time: 9:00am Pacific / 12:00pm Eastern / 5:00pm GMT / 6:00pm Central European time

Our goals for these events are very simple...

For our Affiliate and Sponsor's projects:
- increase the awareness of your projects in order to gain adoption and contributions;
- introduce peers and potential collaborators;
- reduce duplicated effort and redundancy by extending existing projects.

For our member community:
- share best practices in creating/managing an open source project;
- highlight opportunities for participation;
- meet like-minded open source enthusiasts.

We already have a great set of demonstrations, in addition to tomorrow's BigBlueButton<https://opensource.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1146&qid=48826> presentation, from KDE (Krita<https://opensource.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1142&qid=48826>, Wiki2Learn<https://opensource.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1143&qid=48826>), XWiki<https://opensource.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1144&qid=48826>, in-cubator.org<https://opensource.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1145&qid=48826>, and others.

You can learn more on the OSIdeas wiki page (even suggest an open source project to showcase): http://wiki.opensource.org/bin/Communities/OSIdeas<https://opensource.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1148&qid=48826>

We hope you will be able to attend and feel free to contact me if you have any questions or "OSIdeas."

Thank you for your support of the OSI and Open Source Software,
Patrick

    ||    |      |  ||||    ||    ||    |  ||||    |||    |    |||
Patrick Masson
General Manager & Director
Open Source Initiative
855 El Camino Real, Ste 13A, #270