[Xerte-dev] An idea about timings in media lessons

Smith, Bradley brsmith at akamai.com
Wed May 27 15:27:23 BST 2015

(…and several other things, I guess.)

I’ve been playing around with the Media Lesson component and my head is abuzz with ideas I’m looking forward to trying. One thing has occurred to me, though: it looks like every event that you want to play during the video takes a fixed synch point, and thus the order in which the events appear in the editor has no bearing on when they actually show up.

Consider: Suppose I make a change to a video that adds a 15 second clip starting 150 seconds in. Based on my limited experimentation so far, all of my events with synch points >= 150 are now off by 15 seconds, right?

What if we supported synch points specified in either of two formats: “X”, meaning “X seconds into the video”, or  “+X”, meaning “X seconds after the previous synch point”? This way if all of my synch points use the latter format I only need up update the one immediately after new clip in my video.

Thoughts?

—Brad