[Xerte-dev] Re: [Xerte] Re: Sharing Projects

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Wed May 27 11:36:49 BST 2015

This is anecdotal and from a poor memory but a while back I was onsite at a
university doing a new install and used the latest 2.1 code at the time and
all was straightforward installing and testing via guest authentication.
Then we hooked up ldap and login worked but I seem to recall the users first
name and last name wasn't showing top right of the interface or at least
there was something ldap related not working correctly. I had limited time
and couldn't find the cause quickly but tried an earlier revision of 2.1
which had worked without problem elsewhere and that resolved the issue.

So there might be an issue with the ldap stuff in current 2.1. I never have
regular access to the commonly used type of Windows ldap server and
configuration to try replicating this kind of issue.