[Xerte-dev] Making the "Do you want to publish your changes?" popup optional?

Smith, Bradley brsmith at akamai.com
Sun May 10 22:55:29 BST 2015

At least when I am first developing an LO, it's much more likely that I don’t want to publish, even if I happen to be closing the editor for now. With this new popup it’s only a matter of time before I absent-mindedly press Enter to make it go away and end up publish something I didn’t mean to. What would people think about either including an option to not do this (maybe based on something settable in the LO/workspace’s properties?) or replacing the javascript confirm() that is currently used (looks like this comes from file_need_save() in template_management.js, based on output from versioncontrol/template_close.php?) with something less obtrusive, like a yes/no bar that appears above the normal Xerte New Folder, Publish, etc buttons. I can put in some time to work on this (at least the settings-based one, which sounds simpler), but I want to see what others think before just diving in.

—Brad