[Xerte-dev] Uploading "media" vs other thing

Smith, Bradley brsmith at akamai.com
Fri May 8 03:11:05 BST 2015

I’m not sure if I should file this as a bug, or if it’s due to some weirdness with my setup. Here’s the behavior I’m seeing:

Create an activity the involves media (Media Panel, Video, or even the Media File LO property)
Click the icon to select a piece of media
RESULT: I see “cdrom” and “floppy” folders, and the upload button is disabled. But then…
Create a Text page, click the image button in the tool bar, then Browse Server
RESULT: Empty folder with a working upload button
Upload a movie file
RESULT: movie uploads but, as expected, doesn’t appear since the editor is only showing me image files. But then…
Click the icon to select a piece of media
RESULT: media folder with the movie I uploaded

Can anyone else reproduce this? Any idea what’s going on?

—Brad