[Xerte-dev] Re: Navigator Pages

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 15:08:30 BST 2015

I can see the benefits of this and we have a similar feature in the site
template where most of the navigators are combined. But I can imagine it
will be difficult to ensure backwards compatibility apart from deprecation
for new projects. In this case that would seem like a bit of a departure
e.g. the other deprecated page are no longer needed or supported whereas the
navigators are very much still useful and an important feature. Also would
the tabbed navigator plus be a separate case and still left on it's own?

I'd suggest the following:

Fix the essential issues in the current navigators but perhaps not those not
essential if not easy.

Add a new combined navigator when time permits and we can test in a develop
version first and then until people are familiar with that leave the
existing navigators without deprecating them.

At some future point deprecate the older separate navigators.

HTH

Ron

BTW Would be good to add a carousel navigator to the mix at some point like
we have in the site template.