[Xerte-dev] selecting embed code in the project details panel

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Tue Jul 28 13:13:26 BST 2015

Hi

I added this as an issue on github this morning
https://github.com/thexerteproject/xerteonlinetoolkits/issues/362

In IE10 and 11 the embed code box in the project details pane doesn't allow
selection either by single click or by click and drag or by right click
select all. So the embed code can't be selected from that panel at the
moment.

In Chrome I can click and drag to select the embed code and then copy it so
that works but right click select all doesn't.

In Firefox, initial single click, drag to select all and right click select
all - all these methods work.

With a bit of searching and John's pointer too it seems this is down to body
onselectstart="return false;" in index.php

Does that serve a useful/important purpose? Is there a way to reverse that
just for the embed code textarea or iframe?

As far as I can tell removing that from index.php doesn't prevent anything
else from working but it must have been there for a reason? Perhaps it dates
back to the older workspace prior to the tree view?

Cheers