[Xerte-dev] Re: Release Notes

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Mon Jul 27 15:19:21 BST 2015

I think for this release it's worth being a bit more specific about
development and external contributions in recent years. We all know this but
I'm not sure it's clear to everyone e.g. the first para could include
something like the following:

Xerte Online Toolkits v3.0 is the first release of the software as an Apereo
Foundation project. As the project has grown, and the community of
developers and users has expanded, The University of Nottingham has
transitioned stewardship of the project to The Apereo Foundation. Much of
the development in recent years has been from contributions from the team of
Xerte Community developers external to the University of Nottingham and
together with this wider project team we worked through the Apereo
incubation process over the winter and spring of 2015 / 16 and we graduated
in May, with a beta release of v3.0.

A couple of other points:

The pdf option in navigators only applies to the bootstrap template. We
obviously ought to add that as an option in the Nottingham template at some
point.

Worth adding this to the documentation folder and then linking to it from
there arther than sending as attachments so that it can be updated quickly
too?

Ron