[Xerte-dev] V3 Release

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jul 23 13:23:22 BST 2015

Hi guys,

We are very nearly ready to release v3: I'd like to do this on (or before) Wednesday, which will be my last day in the office next week, so that gives us a few days to put everything in place for the release: of the outstanding issues, Tom is looking at the export one and we know how to fix that, so that's no longer a concern; the android issue about the workspace has been reported by both Ron and Inge as being mostly OK; the IE 10 one I don't know how we are going to isolate, so I think we should roll with that: I've removed the v3 release label from the issue.

Our governance says we should vote on releases: if anyone objects to this release going ahead on Wednesday, now is the time to pipe up.

We've all got a few days to carry on using / testing and fixing whatever we find.
Tom, can we put in place whatever we need so that the release code is on the community website, and would you mind attending to the git things - v3 beta should  now be merged back into develop and master, right?

I think this is the best release - by far - that we've made to date - thanks to everyone for everything over the last 18 months or so as we've worked on this, it's great stuff.

Julian