[Xerte-dev] Youtube RSS

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 6 12:04:07 BST 2015

Hi,

I've got the youtube rss working with a hardcode API key. Before we release the code we can split that out and provide a file for people to store their own keys in and read that. I'd appreciate someone peer-reviewing my code: couple of questions:

We need to load the google api which I've done by simply adding...

<script src="https://apis.google.com/js/client.js?onload=googleApiClientReady"></script>

...to the top of the file.

The onGoogleApiClientReady function is defined in global scope so I wondered how to make it part of the youtuberss object, but if I simply define it within the object, it doesn't get called (obviously).

I think Fay or John will have an idea how to make all this nice and graceful! I've committed the file (you'll need an API key!)

Let me know comments,