[Xerte-dev] Re: what happened to the add pdf option in the site template?

Fay Cross Fay.Cross at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jul 1 11:39:24 BST 2015

I'm not sure if this is related to why the changes were lost but I've just noticed that now the pdf has been added back in it's in the wrong xwd file so still isn't working.

modules/site/parent_templates/site/data.xwd has been edited but it should have been the one in the wizard folder too (modules/site/parent_templates/site/wizards/en-GB/data.xwd). It's xwds in the wizard folder that are used by default and it falls back to the one in site folder when the requested language folder isn't found. I'll rebuild the xwd now as this will automatically update the correct xwd file.

By the way, it looks like the fall back xwd isn't up to date with the wizard folder in other changes too (not just with the pdf). Ideally we should try to keep the fall back one up to date whenever we rebuild the xwds. It is a pain to remember though (I often forget) as it doesn't do it automatically when rebuilding so you have to manually copy and paste it.

Fay