[Xerte-dev] Re: Sandstorm IO

Smith, Bradley brsmith at akamai.com
Thu Jan 22 22:16:57 GMT 2015

They appear to require apps to be "ported" to their format before you can deploy them, so the biggest question that occurs to me is: would the effort required to port XOT to sandstorm be greater than the effort required to automate something using (arguably, I suppose) more standard tools like vagrant+ansible, or perhaps Docker, and could such a "port" be easily developed in parallel to the non-sandstorm version?

I'm working on a big ansible project for deploying classroom servers<https://github.com/tunapanda/provision> and have been meaning to add a role for automated deployment of XOT anyway. I can't make any guarantees re when this would happen, but if others are interested I'll post here when progress is made.

Not saying that this should keep anyone from investigating sandstorm, just putting other options out there.
-Brad