[Xerte-dev] Re: Modularisation

Pat (Pgogy) info at pgogywebstuff.com
Mon Feb 9 14:26:34 GMT 2015

Drop in the folder via FTP and run code or
Upload via admin (which runs code)

I guess issue there is the access rights to the template - but public by
default is easy

Open Web installs not ideal, a lot of WP plugins live outside the WP
list - same as for drupal. The plugins have to meet conditions and
license terms to be hosted on the main site, which limits to an extent
what people develop.

However, as we've not got a central repository for plugins, github seems
a useful intermediary place. It would be neater to have QA'd modules -
but as you've said before, if you put your hand in the fire, you get
burned. The alternative to no QA is QA which is a human process (bar
code sniffers) and so has that overhead.

Alternative is we could work on the basis all plugins which are
submitted for approval and are "good" get included in core zip? Which
leads to too many plugins as a problem, but a nice one to have.

I think both have benefits and are not mutually exclusive.