[Xerte-dev] Re: Development Plan for next release

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Feb 9 12:59:40 GMT 2015

Let's move this into a new thread.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pat (Pgogy) [mailto:info at pgogywebstuff.com]
Sent: 09 February 2015 12:14
To: For Xerte technical developers
Cc: Julian Tenney
Subject: Re: [Xerte-dev] Re: Development Plan for next release

On 2015-02-09 07:01, Julian Tenney wrote:
>> (i think)
> ...so there is a piece of work to do here, because if you don't know
> how it works, it's unlikely the rest of us do. It's on the list of
> things to look at anyway, so that's all we need to worry about for
> now. We need to break all this down into pieces of work, otherwise a
> lot gets lost in the noise.

Sure, but the UX / route question remains. All new modules via the admin panel, or via some other page?

Can the community site support running some custom PHP to show extra stuff?

I could see having themes as another option as well, and I think making the app store open (not restricted to admin - at least when browsing) could be interesting "politically"

If you need to sell it, then you can an elearning tool, with moodle and lti, which can easily create new basic modules to achieve pretty much whatever. That seems quite big as a thing.