[Xerte-dev] Drawing editor in the new HTML editor

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Sat Sep 13 14:07:09 BST 2014

Hmmm.

The current flash editor uses LocalConnection() to comminucate the
drawing xml between the old flash wizard and the drawing editor itself.
So I would need to modify the drawEdit.swf (draw.fla) to communicate
through javascript.

We still would only have a flash drawing editor.

I found svg-edit, a javascript editor that produces SVG data.

http://svg-edit.googlecode.com/svn/branches/stable/editor/svg-editor.html

We could theoretically convert the current drawing shapes to SVG. Is
that a more viable road? (Would still need to change/edit somethings,
like how to get the images in svg-edit)

So what is the best route to take....