[Xerte-dev] Re: Identifying Committers

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Wed Oct 8 11:25:43 BST 2014

On 08/10/14 11:20, Julian Tenney wrote:
> (I hope) that doesn't make Warwick a contributor?

I wouldn't have thought so. But I'm not a lawyer.

They [Warwick] raised an issue with the quality of video playback within
their LOs, and upon investigation our best fix was to transcode the
videos into html5 friendly formats -- hence the patch.

We then merged that into XOT.

Warwick paid us to resolve issues with their installation.

I'd expect that the copyright of the code rests with Pale Purple - given
there is/was no contract in place between Pale Purple and Warwick
assigning copyright to Warwick.

David.

--
Pale Purple Ltd

PHP Web application development and support

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
@PalePurpleLtd
07792 380669 / 0845 0046746