[Xerte-dev] Re: Design editor

Jens Magnus Jensen jenmagjen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 16:12:26 GMT 2014

Hi! :)

My sketch does not really change anything other than appearance; what can
be done through CSS. Maybe also some js/jquery for the on/off buttons at
the bottom middle, depending on how they are implemented.

The only major change I propose, is moving the Save/Play/Publish buttons to
a more intuitive position, which in the sketch displays the "power" these
buttons are in possesion of. This also creates more tidy workspace in the
main column. But this also is just CSS styling and placement.

Other changes that I focus on are (inspired by getuikit.com):

   - Use of an elegant and easy-to-read font (From Google Fonts or similar)
   - Applying more margin/padding so the page feels "airy"
   - Simple, elegant icons using icon-font instead of images:
      - http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/
   - Using button-icons instead of text at the most obvious functions like
   Insert, Copy and Delete in the left coloumn.

As this is just a way of CSS-styling, my suggestions for design should not
at all interfer with your changes in functionality. It just gives some
ideas on how things can look. :)

Feel free to comment/criticise!

Mvh Jens Magnus