[Xerte-dev] FW: Xerte and IE doc mode at Nottingham

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue May 20 11:14:42 BST 2014

I can't find the code to have a look a this: where on earth is it? Does this seem sensible?

Quick query - I've noticed that Nottingham users viewing Xerte projects on-site with IE are having problems because IE will run in compatibility view (as Xerte is an 'intranet site') and document mode often reverts to old IE7 standards, therefore breaking a lot of the HTML5 functionality.

I've noticed that Xerte already has the <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"> tag which should correct this, but unfortunately I don't think it's working - perhaps because it comes after the 'if IE' conditions. Is there any way these could be reordered so that the IE=edge comes right at the top, like on Moodle? Or alternatively can this be configured server side via HTTP header?