[Xerte-dev] Re: PHP compatibility

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Mon May 19 14:39:42 BST 2014

> I added 'db_query', 'db_query_one' function calls ages ago (see
> https://github.com/thexerteproject/xerteonlinetoolkits/blob/develop/website_code/php/database_library.php )  which
> do try to allow for the migration away from direct use of the PHP mysql
> driver (i.e. you could swap to use mysqli / mysqlnd or PDO or whatever
> easily enough). However, the last time I looked there was plenty of the
> codebase which still had 'mysql_query()' calls (or other mysql_ calls).

Just for a follow up:

A recent merge into the develop branch should have removed all usages of
'mysql' functions from everywhere except the 'setup' folder and the
website_code/php/database_library.php script.

In order to fully drop the dependency on 'mysql' we just need to rewrite
db_query and db_query_one in database_library.php. This has already been
done with the database_library-sqlite.php script.

David.

--
Pale Purple Ltd

PHP Web application development and support

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
@PalePurpleLtd
07792 380669 / 0845 0046746