[Xerte-dev] Re: Video playback quality in html5 LOs.

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Thu May 15 13:52:49 BST 2014

On 15/05/14 13:38, Julian Tenney wrote:
>> The existing Javascript code attempts to look for an .mp4 to go with an .flv, so we'll just write something simple to create a .mp4 if an .flv exists with no partner .mp4.
>
> Not sure this is something I'd want to add to the distribution - BTW, .flv will play in the html5 templates as it stands:

That loads through flash though - which is problematic for mobile devices.

I am 99% sure that if you were to put a .mp4 of video.flv at :

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/toolkits/USER-FILES/10274-cczjrt-Nottingham/media/

i.e.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/toolkits/USER-FILES/10274-cczjrt-Nottingham/media/video.mp4

then the .mp4 will be played through the js etc.

This isn't (as far as I can tell) new behaviour.

David.

--
Pale Purple Ltd

PHP Web application development and support

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
@PalePurpleLtd
07792 380669 / 0845 0046746