[Xerte-dev] Re: FW: Further Xerte Data Loss

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Mon May 12 12:53:05 BST 2014

On 12/05/14 12:41, Julian Tenney wrote:
> What beats me is why the file should break halfway through a tag name.

What I've seen is that the PHP (or whatever) can't read the XML file as
it has the wrong encoding specified, or it just somehow contains
characters that are invalid.

see e.g.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14463573/php-simplexml-load-file-invalid-character-error

https://chrismckee.co.uk/saving-user-content-to-xml-error-contains-none-utf-8-content-aka-how-to-remove-invalid-characters-in-utf-8/

David.

--
Pale Purple Ltd

PHP Web application development and support

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
@PalePurpleLtd
07792 380669 / 0845 0046746