[Xerte-dev] Re: example_zipper issue revisited

Smith, John J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk
Thu May 1 11:16:45 BST 2014

Hi Ron,

I don't know if it's worth keeping testing different eventualities until we have a better idea of what is going on. The problem with these zipper files is that each time a new one is created and not deleted then it will be included in further zip attempts because it shared the folder with the copied files. I did read somewhere that the zip command that I am using ignores files/folders begin with a . (dot) and perhaps the php library can be made to do similar which would at least keep the temporary zipper folders out of the downloaded zip.

I'm a bit busy this morning but will in the afternoon try to test how the inclusion of different sized files correlates to memory limits and see if I can predict whether it will crash the script like the example that I based on your test case.

Regards,

John Smith | Learning Technologist
Room A251, Govan Mbeki Building | School of Health & Life Sciences | Glasgow Caledonian University
Cowcaddens Road | Glasgow | G4 0BA

Please address ALL support requests to hlsblt at gcu.ac.uk where one of the School Learning Technologists will pick up the job. This will ensure that all jobs are completed as promptly as possible.