[Xerte-dev] Re: sanpit example of non standard chars

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Thu Jul 10 16:41:57 BST 2014

Yes that might well be the reason for the other corruption instances. I
mean if a Ctrl-D (0x03 or ETX) of Ctrl-Z (0x19 or EM) is treated as end
of text, and end of medium respectively this could result in corrupt xml
files.

The problem with the attached file is only the US character, it's
actually interpreted as character #x001F.

The apostrophe is probably ok, but you see the UTF encoding for the
apostrophe. My XML verifier is not complaining about that. It's actualle
showing like an apostrophe.

The apostrophe is also properly displaying in notepad++ (that is utf-8
aware.)