[Xerte-dev] Re: How to create a new template?

Mark Berthelemy mberthelemy at wyversolutions.co.uk
Wed Jan 22 15:29:22 GMT 2014

Hi Tom,

Thanks for that.

I’ve tried to follow your instructions but have hit some problems:

1. just copy the parent_template/Nottingham folder to a new folder in parent_templates

So I don’t need to worry about creating anything in the templates folder to match what’s in parent_templates?

2. go into management.php, and rescan the templates

Did that, and my new template appears in the list on the Management pages, but does not appear in the list available to the end user. I’ve made sure it’s set to active, so I’m not sure what I’ve done wrong there.

3. edit to you hearts content

I see what you mean about maintenance - the design doesn’t appear to be separated from the functionality, so it looks like new functionality might be added to Nottingham that doesn’t get reflected in designs using the new theme?

Something else to add to the wish list.

Thanks,

Mark

--
Mark Berthelemy
Managing Director

Wyver Solutions Ltd | Company number: 5731173 Registered in England | Registered address: First Floor, 6 Bridge Street, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1AX