[Xerte-dev] FW: Installing Xerte on a Web Server

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Feb 21 10:34:03 GMT 2014

Just had this through from a user out in the world: any obvious things? Otherwise I'll get him to join and post here,

Hi Julian

I am trying to do a full install on a web server. I keep getting error 500

Error 500 - Internal Server Error
An error was encountered while processing your request. Typically this is a temporary condition.
This is before any prompts appear eg. When I go to http://www.ucdblogs.org/xolt/ where I have just uploaded the Xerte online toolkits files
Any suggestions?

Also - File Permissions (as in page 19 of user guide) do I need to set the contents of the folder as well as the folder to chmod 777
Thanks
Regards