[Xerte-dev] Coding problem with LItESPEED Server

Thomas Rochford (Jiscadvance) thomas.rochford at jiscadvance.ac.uk
Mon Feb 10 21:51:03 GMT 2014

Good Evening,

I felt I ought to alert you to a coding problem/bug which makes toolkits
inoperable when using the LITESPEED Server. This claims to be a faster
version of Apache and is in  use on a number of hosting sites, in the
current case, EZPZ which is a very low cost moodle hosting service. I don't
know enough about this to understand the problem fully, but the following
are the symptoms,

When selecting a tab from the top of the folder management page, e.g.
selecting 'Workspace' and then 'properties' the Litespeed server throws a
wobbly (i.e. a 404 message)  because it can't find
"/toolkits/workspaceproperties". Looking at the code below, this would seem
to be because XOT seems to think it's dealing with an apache server. I have
commented out the offending sections and it now correctly displays the
Workspace Properties window.

        case "workspaceproperties": if(site_apache=="true"){

/*            return url;

        }else{ */

              return url + ".php"

        }

Obviously this is only a one-off fix, but I guess the test for 'site_apache'
needs to be rewritten so that I doesn't include LITESPEED. Phpinfo gives

'_SERVER["SERVER_SOFTWARE"]              LiteSpeed'

For the Litespeed Server and

'_SERVER["SERVER_SOFTWARE"]              Apache'

For  the Apache one, so perhaps that could be tested. Alternatively the
headers return by the Litespeed server also make it plain as shown below

HTTP/1.1 200 OK