[Xerte-dev] Re: importing file SWF !

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 8 15:22:28 GMT 2014

Sara replied

"yes i m yousing the desktop version 2.18 . do you mean that the template
"Text Flash SWF"  will not work . i mean i can not use it to import SWF ? "

The file "Text Flash SWF.xcp" is one of the page wizards which were
released in April 2011. It will still work with Xerte but there have been
significant changes to the Xerte engine since the page wizard files were
released.

The final flash version of the page is defined by textSWF.rlm and
textSWF.xwd which are available in the Xerte 2.18 release. Any bug fixes to
the page since 2011 will have been made to these files and not those
contained in the .xcp file you are using.

So no I cannot guarantee that a page created using "Text Flash SWF" will
work correctly in release 2.18 of Xerte.

I recommend you create a page type project as detailed in the document I
sent you and then create a page type of "Media / Flash Animation". This
will create a page using the textSWF.rlm and textSWF.xwd files. You should
be able to reliably use these for your page or as a basis for any new
template you wish to create.