[Xerte-dev] Re: Deprecation, flashonly indicator and optional parameter tooltips

Smith, John J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk
Tue Dec 2 10:06:35 GMT 2014

To my mind, the act of deprecating the attribute is simply informing users that the attribute should no longer be used as it may disappear or fail to be supported in the future...

It is the adding of a new attribute that would require the work... sometimes those go hand in hand though...

If you take the video size for example x, y becoming separate x and y. You would have to process the x and y in the model to be able to use them as such but you would probably have to still support x, y for a period otherwise you risk breaking things after a single upgrade version...

Regards,

John Smith | Learning Technologist
Room A250, Govan Mbeki Building | School of Health & Life Sciences | Glasgow Caledonian University
Cowcaddens Road | Glasgow | G4 0BA

Please address ALL support requests to hlsblt at gcu.ac.uk where one of the School Learning Technologists will pick up the job. This will ensure that all jobs are completed as promptly as possible.