[Xerte-dev] Toolkits not working with firefox 24 and later

Andrew Gold Andrew.Gold at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Apr 17 12:25:36 BST 2014

Having recently upgraded my Firefox browser to 24 I'm getting the following error message:

Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to xerte.humanities.manchester.ac.uk.
Peer's Certificate has been revoked.
(Error code: sec_error_revoked_certificate)

*         The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

*         Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

Apparently, the workaround is to stop using OCSP to confirm the validity of certificates for certificate validation.

I'm not sure if this is a feature of our local installation of Xerte Toolkits, but can I ask if Xerte Toolkits code could be amended in the relevant php file to accommodate Firefox?  Otherwise, Toolkits becomes unusable with a popular (with some) browser (unless security settings are reduced).

Kind Regards,

Andrew Gold, Learning Technologist, University of Manchester