[Xerte-dev] Re: uploading mp4 files

Smith, John J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk
Fri Sep 27 19:25:56 BST 2013

Hmm.

Just installed from github in xampp and mp4 upload works for me...

Can you upload other file types ok? Is it just mp4s that are causing the error message.

Did you do a complete reinstall or just certain folders? Or drop the new one over the top?

Also, check that the folder created in USER-FILES for the project has a media folder - it was missing in the transfer to Github but should be fine now.

Regards

John Smith
Learning Technologist
School of Health and Life Sciences

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SII

"Smith, John" <J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi Ron

There should be any permissions to change since it does the manipulations in the upload folder.

Can you delete the temp file that is created, upload again and see if it reappears - to test whether the upload is getting through.

I will download and test right now for you.

Regards

John Smith
Learning Technologist
School of Health and Life Sciences

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SII

Ron Mitchell <ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk> wrote:

Hi John
I've pulled and exported the latest develop and put that in place.
Now via the editor I get failed to upload. Check permissions.
Is there a permissions change that I need to make somewhere?
Cheers
Ron