[Xerte-dev] Re: MySQLi Experiments

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Mon Oct 21 12:59:02 BST 2013

I've not seen any speed difference(s). They should be comparable.

Is it possible you're closing and reopening many db connections in one request/call or having problems looking up hostnames?

David.

On 21 Oct 2013, at 12:53, "Pat @ Pgogy" <xerte at pgogywebstuff.com> wrote:

> So for something else I was playing with mysqli on Xampp over the weekend
>
> It is unbearably slow - noticeably slow (when compared to mysql, which you don't notice, mysqli took a couple of seconds).
>
> Anyone else know of this - just worried DB extraction might cause problems for localhosters

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Web and Mobile Application Development for Business'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd