[Xerte-dev] Re: xerte.net

Pat @ Pgogy xerte at pgogywebstuff.com
Fri Oct 18 11:27:24 BST 2013

The whole world is going SaaS anyways, some people will in house, some
people won't.

I imagine a lot of the in-house people would go for a SaaS if they could

We've seen on the list a few people who are using localhosts and for whom a
small paid for service would make sense.

Personally (not to disagree with Mark) I dislike the corporate mothership
approach that Drupal and WordPress have because it means a company is
driving the future development of the product, not the community as a whole
(the itch-scratchers to extend a sort of plebeian commentary) and if the
development is dominated to address corporate needs, rather than the
community, then it is open-source, but it's future direction is not as open
as it could be (perhaps this needs some sort of democratic model)

However, I do think a paid for service / bitnami would be logical

No idea what the user base is, but I have a suspicion we're mostly
education?