[Xerte-dev] Re: PHP compatibility

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Wed Oct 16 10:14:39 BST 2013

On 16 Oct 2013, at 10:01, "Ron Mitchell" <ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk> wrote:

> It's possible that my colleague who asked me for advice after not being able to install might be able to fund or contribute if we can estimate how much. They have a Moodle install on the server they were trying to install Xerte which is hapilly running with PHP 5.5 so that can't really downgrade the PHP. I'm happy to help with the work and certainly testing but wouldn't really know the best solution or just how much work is involved.

At it's simplest, everything involving mysql_ is rewritten to use db_query/db_query_one.

I suspect the biggest issue would be testing there aren't regressions.

David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Web and Mobile Application Development for Business'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd