[Xerte-dev] Re: Using Two Authentication Methods

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Thu May 16 15:47:06 BST 2013

works for me...

From: xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
[mailto:xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Ron Mitchell
Sent: 16 May 2013 15:16
To: 'For Xerte technical developers'
Subject: [Xerte-dev] Re: Using Two Authentication Methods

Thinking out loud but this should work...

create a new very basic php page which the static login people should go to
e.g. static.php

this would be unique to your install and therefore not broken by upgrades

set a session variable in there e.g. set static to true and then redirect to
index.php

edit auth_config.php and check for that session and switch to static
authentication if that session is set

So the only page you would have to protect from upgrades is auth_config.php
which to be honest if you're upgrading regularly you need to do anyway.

This is theory but I think should work.

HTH

Ron