[Xerte-dev] Using Two Authentication Methods

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu May 16 14:28:20 BST 2013

Hi,

I need a bit of help from someone who knows the authentication stuff better than me:

We have some cases where, in the past, we've kept a few usernames / passwords in the auth code, and have checked against those before checking against LDAP. There are some collective efforts here where content is passed to a central admin account - one that has static authentication. Lots of people create content in their own accounts, and then pass it to the admin account when it is finished, and that sets up a lot of content for feeds, etc. Downstream, a website reads the folder feeds and displays the content.

When we upgraded, we lost this capability. Now that user can't login.

So I need to be able to either hardcode a username / password in somewhere (I know, I don't like it either) or have two auth methods, static, and then LDAP (or the other way around) if the first one fails, and I need a solution that won't break in the future when we upgrade again, because this is a real pain.

What's the best solution?

Thanks,

Julian