[Xerte-dev] Session IDs?

Thomas Rochford thomas.rochford at jiscadvance.ac.uk
Sat May 4 12:31:39 BST 2013

Hi Again,

I'm not sure where the session IDs are being set and how they are managed
but - because my server is in Germany and I'm in the UK there may be a
problem with the time on them. I've now found that I lose 'ownership' of my
LOs periodically and I get errors about the Session Id not being set, but
then they suddenly return without any intervention on my part.

I've turned on '$development=true' and, interestingly, get the following
when I try to login:

Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone
settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods
and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the
timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
in
/homepages/26/d187831202/htdocs/tcrochford/toolkits/website_code/php/user_li
brary.php on line 209

Maybe this needs looking into? With Xerte increasing in popularity I can
easily foresee people working on servers in different timezones.

Kindest Regards,

Thomas

Thomas Rochford  |  e-Learning Advisor  |  Jisc RSC Eastern

Tel: 01223 564749 |  Mobile: 07500 669002  |  Skype: cambridge.serendipity

Email:  <mailto:thomas.rochford at jiscadvance.ac.uk>
thomas.rochford at jiscadvance.ac.uk  |  Web:
<http://www.jiscrsc.ac.uk/eastern> http://www.jiscrsc.ac.uk/eastern

Cambridge Serendipity, 35 Gough Way, Cambridge, CB3 9LN

For the full range of RSC UK events, resources and blog, visit
<http://www.jiscrsc.ac.uk/> http://www.jiscrsc.ac.uk