[Xerte-dev] Re: v2 User Notes

Thomas Rochford thomas.rochford at jiscadvance.ac.uk
Thu May 2 13:43:01 BST 2013

Hi Ron and Fay,

I've just realised I'm not using the 'Official' page types demo from
Nottingham,  I've also just checked this demo under the 'Metro' interface in
W8 and everything except the JMOL stuff and the 'unsupported' templates DOES
seem to work. I'm using an old copy of the Page Types LO within MAXOS (i.e.
XAMPP and Apache) which presumably doesn't include the latest fixes,
although it does work well with FireFox and Chrome. Please can you tell me
where I can download the LO for your template (560 is the number).

I use this in training sessions because in some of the locations internet
access is very poor or there are restrictions on things like YouTube and I
have to use my own MiFi connection. So I'm keen to have a reference object
for users to access on the USB stick which shows them how the pages work.
Thanks to your excellent work there are simply too many of them to cover in
the time normally allocated for training sessions.

It's probably worth putting something in the release notes, though, to say
which templates are not supported (I don't think JMOL will ever be
supportable for W8 Metro), so that authors can decide which templates will
not work for their intended audience.

Sorry about raising a false alarm!

Kindest Regards,

Thomas

Thomas Rochford  |  e-Learning Advisor  |  Jisc RSC Eastern

Tel: 01223 564749 |  Mobile: 07500 669002  |  Skype: cambridge.serendipity

Email: thomas.rochford at jiscadvance.ac.uk
<mailto:thomas.rochford at jiscadvance.ac.uk>   |  Web:
http://www.jiscrsc.ac.uk/eastern

Cambridge Serendipity, 35 Gough Way, Cambridge, CB3 9LN

For the full range of RSC UK events, resources and blog, visit
http://www.jiscrsc.ac.uk <http://www.jiscrsc.ac.uk/>