[Xerte-dev] Some items for the wish list (when we have one).

Thomas Rochford thomas.rochford at jiscadvance.ac.uk
Wed May 1 23:07:23 BST 2013

Good Evening everyone,

I would like to see the following items included

1)      Make the default copyright String show the revision number and
possibly the date, e.g
Version 2.0 r854 (2013-04-30) Copyright University of Nottingham 2008 - 2012
This is going to make life a lot easier for those of us who are supporting
users remotely
now that regular updates are coming out.

2)      Restore the link to the HTML-5 output in the Properties Project Tab.
This was really useful

In know there has been some discussion about this and that it's meant to be
automated,
but at the moment, in r584, you can tick the 'Javascript' option when you
publish, but it
still displays Flash when you view it. Adding '&engine=html5' obviously
works, but may be

Beyond some of our users.

3)      Change the order in which the 'Blank Templates' are displayed so
that 'Xerte Online Toolkit'

Is the first one. This is going to make life a lot simpler for newbie
developers (and pros too,
possibly). And by the way shouldn't it be 'Toolkits' with an 's' on the end?

Good to see that we can now export HTML5.Thanks for this

Kindest regards, Thomas