[Xerte-dev] Re: HTML5

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Thu Mar 28 09:11:52 GMT 2013

Personally I think we need manual choice as well as browser detection e.g.
even if browser detection is built in it should still be possible to share a
link to view via flash and a separate link to view via HTML 5

So there'd be 3 types of links then? One forcing to Flash, one forcing to
HTML5 and one deciding for you? Is that going to confuse people as to what
link they're sharing?  I agree you need to be able to make manual choice too
though.

I think this kind of depends on the default e.g. right now we obviously have
play.php for Flash and play_htm5.php for html 5

If play.php detected for Flash player and if not found reverts to html 5
then perhaps only two links needed like we have now.

I guess if play.php becomes the html 5 view by default then the second link
could be play_flash.php which still reverts to html 5 if flash player not
found.

Would that work?