[Xerte-dev] Re: Translatable button labels in XOT

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Mar 18 17:32:24 GMT 2013

sounds sensible to me.
From: xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Tom Reijnders [reijnders at tor.nl]
Sent: 17 March 2013 11:23
To: Xerte Developers Discussion List
Subject: [Xerte-dev] Translatable button labels in XOT

One of the last steps in making XOT multilanguage is the ability to
translate button labels.

A lot of buttons are roll-over images, so one solution is to provide
roll-over images in all the appropriate languages, but this turned out
to be very tedious and time consuming, so I took another approach. I
replaced all roll-over buttons with <button>

I added a 'xerte_buttons.css' as well, and perhaps someone with more CSS
knowledge should have a look at that.

While I was at it, I also changed all 'action' URL's to buttons as well.
It's much clearer now (in my opinion) when something is am action, or
when something is a link.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with functionality after
my changes.

Last two remaining things to really finish up internationalisation is
1. the ability to make the 'pods' on the login page in language dependent.
2. the ability to upload a language package in management.php.