[Xerte-dev] Re: SECURITY PATCH for upload.php

Smith, John J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk
Fri Mar 15 10:40:08 GMT 2013

Hi Tom, yes we're having  to manually tell upload.php which session to use but I wouldn't say it's that awful a hack - it's had to be done for years where Flash and Firefox are concerned  - Adobe is the hack!!

The problem is the two different style Session variables - mixing Xerte Session with Moodle session...

If we plan to remove flash from the editing cycle too at some point then this would just be a step towards that, albeit at a far earlier stage than anticipated... I don't think it would be that hard to do on the js end - the trouble would be the upload status but could that be a js pop over so we tell the js which file to upload and let it handle it, passing back a code to flash when done: successful, failed, not logged in, etc...

I don't know  what's for the best here, or easiest to work into the Flash...

Regards,

John Smith
Learning Technologist
School of Health & Life Sciences