[Xerte-dev] Encoding issues

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Mon Mar 11 10:23:19 GMT 2013

I think we need to get the encoding of XOT fixed properly. It is not
working at the moment.

I'll give you an example:
- The create button in the list of templates, text of that button is in
'DISPLAY_CREATE' (from display_library.inc)
   1.  At first it's generated through php in iso encoding  (all's fine
here)
   2.  After creating a new template the list is recreated through an
ajax call (to website_code/php/templates/general_templates.php). As Ajax
uses the default encoding of the webserver, it uses utf8, and I have to
utf8_encode(DISPLAY_CREATE) to display it correctly.

In stead of utf8_encoding all appropriate strings in Ajax calls,
wouldn't it be better to move to utf8? Or am I missing something completely.