[Xerte-dev] Re: use of info tag in xwd forms

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Sun Mar 10 19:55:19 GMT 2013

We could use the info tag to provide a one line help, including a link to a wiki page AND we could provide for the same link to the wiki page from the thumbnail area.

We could even automate it. We have a fixed wiki. (Community website), and a fixed link (page name).

Tom

Kemp Johnathan <johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com> schreef:

>What I was thinking requires to things to be available
>
>1. A url within the wiki that takes you to a specific page (which
>appears
>possible from the link you have provided)
>2. A means in Xerte / XOT to link to that specific page (e.g. in the
>way I
>was using the info tag to link to a specific page)
>
>There are two issues at present with using the info tag
>a) It can result in some of the xwd fields failing to be displayed
>b) It is only available to the Author after they have added the page
>type,
>since the link is from the xwd form.
>
>I was thinking that as the wiki expands any contents page that listed
>all
>the pages could get very long. So for an author a way of going directly
>from Xerte / XOT to a specific page type's wiki entry could be very
>user
>friendly and helpful.
>
>At present I think we may have a generic help link that could take you
>the wiki home page, or we can use the info tag with its current
>drawbacks.
>
>Kind regards
>
>Johnathan
>
>On 10 March 2013 17:47, Tom Reijnders <reijnders at tor.nl> wrote:
>
>>  You can, that's no problem at all:
>>
>> http://www.xerte.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Template_walkthrough
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> Op 10-3-2013 18:10, Kemp Johnathan schreef:
>>
>> It would be nice if there was a way of accessing the wiki page about
>> specific Xerte / XOT page type, perhaps before having added that page
>type
>> to your project. This could then help both with selecting the page
>type to
>> use as well as assisting the author in the using  of that page.
>>
>>  This is in contrast to just having a generic link to the wiki home
>page.
>>
>>  Kind regards
>>
>>  Johnathan
>>
>> On 8 March 2013 13:55, Smith, John <J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>  A wiki…
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>

>>> John Smith
>>>
>>> Learning Technologist
>>>
>>> School of Health & Life Sciences
>>>
>>> Glasgow Caledonian University

Verzonden van mijn Android telefoon met K-9 Mail.