[Xerte-dev] Re: use of info tag in xwd forms

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 6 18:57:20 GMT 2013

I suppose one alternative would be to set up a wiki, but I am not sure this
is the best approach for help documents.

One thought that has just sprung to mind - what about using an ebook
editor? I know next to nothing about them but it would seem a possibly
logical platform to publish to. I am not sure if this would be the right
approach if we only want to create a set of individual files that are each
a single publication?

I did a quick google and found an open source wysiwyg editor called sigil.
It looks quite powerful, but it appears designed to pull together large
numbers of separate files into a single document.

I don't know if there is anyone on the list who is familiar with this stuff
and could pass a more informed opinion?

I have to admit, the one thing that concerns me with using Open Office is
that someone will go and open up the file in Word and bugger up its
formatting :-(

What concerns me about not using Open Office is the possible lack of a
familiar, versatile, and easy to use interface for creating the documents.

JK