[Xerte-dev] Re: Safari media upload issue from Graham Bell - request for server patching

Smith, John J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk
Wed Jun 19 18:05:51 BST 2013

Hi Ron

That's fine - have been busy myself lately and only just getting around to fixing this. I thought i had attached the zip but it was late however if you are going to update to trunk then it won't be needed but will get it over to you anyway in case you need to roll back.

The escaped quotes issue sounds very familiar and something Tom or Pat was working on i think and was very much server specific involving magic quotes i think hence the reason i'm not seeing it. Not sure though which revision the changes were made in though, perhaps its mentioned in the svn notes?

Regards

John Smith
Learning Technologist
School of Health and Life Sciences

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SII

Ron Mitchell <ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk> wrote:

Hi John
sorry been extremely busy with other things but was there meant to me a file attached to your message below?

BTW it's not the Techdis sandpit Graham is using but it is another Techdis install. We have a new sandpit too and I did see someone else have the same problem with Safari on a Mac the other day.

I'll post a separate message on the dev list here but may as well mention this now too that in the absence of a zip attached to your message I grabbed the latest trunk (which obviously has many more updates than just yours) and updated a test install and that was causing problems. It seemed to be adding \ in lots of places and therefore breaking the xml e.g.

        <learningObject resume=\"true\" language=\"en-GB\" name=\"Learning Object Title\" navigation=\"Linear\" textSize=\"12\" displayMode=\"default\">
                <title linkID=\"PG1371648227672\" name=\"Enter Page Title\" size=\"30\"><![CDATA[Enter title here]]></title>
                <textGraphics hidePanel=\"true\" linkID=\"PG1361433467001\" name=\"Enter Page Title\" align=\"Left\" imagesize=\"full screen\" url=\"FileLocation + \'media/800_x_516.jpg\'\" tip=\"Enter a Tooltip\" transcriptbuttonlabel=\"Transcript\"><![CDATA[Enter text for the page here]]></textGraphics>
                <textGraphics linkID=\"PG1359043029659\" name=\"Enter Page Title\" align=\"Left\" imagesize=\"full screen\" url=\"FileLocation + \'media/xpert_logo.gif\'\" tip=\"Enter a Tooltip\" transcriptbuttonlabel=\"Transcript\"><![CDATA[Enter text for the page here]]></textGraphics>
        </learningObject>

HTH