[Xerte-dev] Possible issue with paths that might need resolving

Smith, John J.J.Smith at gcu.ac.uk
Tue Jun 18 22:24:27 BST 2013

Hi Pat/Julian,

So in testing things to sort this Mac/Safari issue I was getting a bit muddled over which file goes where because of the duplicates and changes I was making were not being reflected even after flushing the cache... I think some of them were due to me not being right up to date with trunk... however tonight I took another look and...

This is the code from edit.php for a 'site' template

var so = new SWFObject("modules/site/engine/wizard.swf", "mymovie", "800", "600", "8,0,0,0", "#e0e0e0");
so.addParam("quality", "high");so.addVariable("xmlvariable", "USER-FILES/4-guest2-site/preview.xml");
so.addVariable("rlovariable", "USER-FILES/4-guest2-site/media/");
so.addVariable("languagecodevariable", "en-GB");
so.addVariable("originalpathvariable", "modules/site/parent_templates/site/");
so.addVariable("template_id", "4");
so.addVariable("template_height", "600");
so.addVariable("template_width", "800");
so.addVariable("read_and_write", "true");
so.addVariable("savepath", "modules/xerte/engine/save.php");
so.addVariable("upload_path", "upload.php?path=");
so.addVariable("preview_path", "modules/xerte/engine/file_exists.php");
so.addVariable("flv_skin", "http://localhost/moodle19/xerte/modules/xerte/engine/tools/SteelOverAll.swf");
so.addVariable("site_url", "http://localhost/moodle19/xerte/");
so.addVariable("apache", "false");
so.write("flashcontent");

So first line is fine - we are using modules/site/engine...
Further down though we start using:
     modules/xerte/engine/save.php      and
     modules/xerte/engine/file_exists.php    and
     modules/xerte/engine/tools/SteelOverAll.swf

Now these are dupliacted in modules/site but we're still using the modules/xerte ones... why?

Also, SteelOverAll.swf has full path, upload.php has no path... again i'm a bit confused as to why...

I know it works but it could get confusing as more modules added now that Pat's modularisation is finished?? I think this needs looked at, sorry but probably by you Pat...

Regards,

John Smith | Learning Technologist
Room A251, Govan Mbeki Building | School of Health & Life Sciences | Glasgow Caledonian University
Cowcaddens Road | Glasgow | G4 0BA

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html